Public Media Company has begun hosting a series of informational webinars for public media General Managers and station leaders to help them stay on top of our ever-evolving media landscape. Topics may include financial oversight, mergers and acquisitions, or journalism collaborations. Email us for info on future webinars or to suggest a topic!
November 5, 2019: FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT FOR GENERAL MANAGERS
Most public media leaders do not have a finance background and have not been trained on financial management, but they are charged with overseeing the health of a critical local media organization in flush times….and not so flush times. How do you make sure that your station is operating on strong financial footing regardless of the economic climate? What are the key numbers and ratios that you need to know and monitor? Get an overview during our webinar series on best practice financial management for station general managers.
Date: November 5, 2019
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Length: 45 Minutes
• Understanding and tracking key metrics and key performance indicators
• Reviewing financial statements with your CFO or accountant
• Budgeting – an inclusive process
• Forecasting and anticipated outcomes
• Monitoring cash flow and liquidity
• Actions to take to remedy negative trends
• Presenting financial results to the board
Target Audience: Station GMs, station executives that do not have a finance background
Target Licensee: All